Re: [Fwd: Re: no ORDER BY in subselects?]

От Louis-David Mitterrand
Тема Re: [Fwd: Re: no ORDER BY in subselects?]
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 09:20:25AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > At 15:23 20/09/00 +0200, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > >
> > >ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "order"
> > >
> > >Aren't ORDER BY clauses allowed in subselects?
> > >

> > It is a very very sad fact, but, no, they're not.
>
> Hmmmm ... can't say as I've ever seen an ORDER BY in a subselect before.
> Why would you want one?

If only to do a "LIMIT 1" on it. But this is probably considered very
ugly to exprienced DB users (I'm only recently self-taught on that
subject).

> And if you do want one, Louis-David, you can always use a temporary
> table as previously described.

I found another workaround to the problem, finally.

Thanks

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.org

Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: sql query not using indexes
От: "Mitch Vincent"
Сообщение: Re: sql query not using indexes