Re: Re: [GENERAL] 7.0 vs. 7.1 (was: latest version?)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] 7.0 vs. 7.1 (was: latest version?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> However, the upgrade gotcha has left a very bitter taste in more than
> one user's mouth.  I'll not say more about that now, as I've said quite
> enough in the past.  And I'm still trying to figure out enough of the
> internals of the storage manager to try to write the migration tools
> myself.  But, I have other fish to fry right now, the biggest being
> cross-distribution RPM's.

Actually, I would prefer to see how we can improve what we have before
making a binary conversion utility that will have to be updated for
every release.

> Meet Mr. Middle Layer. :-)  The PostgreSQL spec file that controls the
> RPM build is one of the most complex ones in the RedHat distribution,
> AFAIK. There's the middle layer.  It does quite a bit of finagling
> already.

Yes, I suspected the RPM was the middle layer.  To the extent we can
make that easier, let's hear it.  Tell us what you need to do, and what
you can't do, and see if any of us can figure out how to make things
easier.

Pennsylvania19026

От: "Kevin O'Gorman"
Сообщение: Problem with installing as root
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Summary: what to do about INET/CIDR