Re: Re: couple of general questions

От Anthony E . Greene
Тема Re: Re: couple of general questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:02:43 Gregory Wood wrote:
>> Does anyone else get annoyed when going on to an american site to
>> register or buy something and find that the state field is only
>> 2 characters long?

[snip]

>Does anyone else get annoyed when people jump all over someone because they
>didn't spend 20 minutes proofreading something for political correctness
>when they were trying to help someone else?

No, but I get annoyed when I can't enter my address in a form because the
form's creator did not consider all possible valid responses -- even for
American addresses. For instance there are 50 U.S. states, but there's also
the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, possessions, and military
overseas addresses (APO/FPO) that have a "state" code. You'd be surprised
how many sites fail to allow for all these variations of "American"
addresses. Some things really are a fixed length of 2 (the number of digits
needed to specify hour of day, day of month, or month of year).

As for the state code, it wasn't political correctness, it was a valid
point.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: RE: Why is there so much MySQL bashing???
От: "rob"
Сообщение: Re: Re: MS Access data to PostgrSQL data