GPL, readline, and static/dynamic linking

От Bruce Momjian
Тема GPL, readline, and static/dynamic linking
Дата
Re: GPL, readline, and static/dynamic linking  (ncm@zembu.com (Nathan Myers))
Список pgsql-hackers
Here is an article about GPL and GPL version 3.0.

http://icd.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm?Section=Articles&SubSection=Display&ARTICLE_ID=92350&VERSION_NUM=1

The interesting thing is that Stallman says:
 "Our position is that it makes no difference whether programs are linked statically or dynamically," explains
Stallman."Either one makes a combined program.

This would seem to imply that our dynamic linking of libreadline in
PostgreSQL backend binaries makes the distribution of backend binaries
fall under the GPL.  (Of course, we can use *BSD libedit now.)

Let me add I don't agree with this, and find the whole GPL
heavy-handedness very distasteful.

Pennsylvania19026

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Chinese patch for Pgaccess
От: Pete Forman
Сообщение: RE: beta5 ...