Re: AW: PL/pgSQL CURSOR support

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: AW: PL/pgSQL CURSOR support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

> >       Explicit cursor can be declared as:
> >
> >           DECLARE
> >               curname CURSOR [(argname type [, ...])]
> >                       IS <select_stmt>;
>
> In esql you would have FOR instead of IS.
>
> DECLARE curname CURSOR ... FOR ....
>
> Thus the question, where is the syntax from ?
   From  the  worlds  most  expens\b\b\b\b\b\b  -  er - reliable   commercial database system.

> There seems to be a standard for "the" SQL stored procedure language:
>
> "Persistent Stored Module definition of the ANSI SQL99 standard" (quote from DB/2)
> Anybody know this ?
   The entire PL/pgSQL was written with  some  compatibility  in   mind. Otherwise FOR loops would look more like
       [ <<label>> ]       FOR <loop_name> AS           [ EACH ROW OF ] [ CURSOR <cursor_name> FOR ]
<cursor_specification>DO           <statements>       END FOR;

   The  good  thing  is  that we can have any number of loadable   procedural languages. It's  relatively  easy  to
change the   PL/pgSQL  parser and create some PL/SQL99 handler. As long as   the symbols in the modules don't conflict,
I see  no  reason   why we shouldn't.

Jan

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: Re: AW: Plans for solving the VACUUM problem
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Grammar-problems with pl/pgsql in gram.y