Re: Need for protocol description

От Einar Karttunen
Тема Re: Need for protocol description
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:02:43PM +0530, Dinesh Parikh wrote:
> Hi All
> I want protocol descriptions of Postgresql 7.1 I mean how Postgres listens
> request at default port 5432. If one wants to write to execute some query
> using its program(like in C, java) directry by sending data at server socket
> 5432 then how this task can be achieved. Can anybody tell me from where i
> can find this.

This will be probably be a very bad idea... One should use the libraries.
The way I would go about this would be reading the source code of one of the
libraries. I think libpq source is quite clear and has lots of comments.

- Einar Karttunen

От: David Pirotte
Сообщение: Re: [Off-topic, Meta-question] Problems with psql-general list
От: "Merlin Moncure"
Сообщение: sql scripts and other questions.