Re: To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > One more thing.  I have added the code to suggest alternate syntax for
> > LIMIT #,#:
>
> >     test=> select * from pg_class LIMIT 1,1;
> >     ERROR:  LIMIT #,# syntax no longer supported.  Use LIMIT # OFFSET #.
>
> If you're going to do that, *please* suggest the *correct* substitution.
> AFAICT, our version of LIMIT m,n transposes to OFFSET m LIMIT n; but
> your message suggests the opposite.

Remember, the 7.1 code was:

! select_limit: LIMIT select_limit_value ',' select_offset_value
!                       { $$ = makeList2($4, $2); }

This was changed a few weeks ago to match MySQL, and only today removed.

However, our new message suggests the old PostgreSQL syntax, not the
MySQL syntax.  Optimally we should ship with this ordering for 7.2 and
reverse it for 7.3 or 7.4.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the select limit
От: "Andre Schnabel"
Сообщение: Re: Bug in pg_dump/pg_restore