Re: Record

От wsheldah@lexmark.com
Тема Re: Record
Дата
Re: Record  ("Aasmund Midttun Godal" <postgresql@envisity.com>)
Список pgsql-general

If you're using Perl and the DBD::Pg driver, then you can use bytea without
worrying about escaping anything, since the driver takes care of it.

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre%atentus.com@interlock.lexmark.com> on 10/24/2001
10:22:39 AM

To:   Aasmund Midttun Godal <postgresql%envisity.com@interlock.lexmark.com>
cc:   julio%bntsoft.com.br@interlock.lexmark.com,
      pgsql-general%postgresql.org@interlock.lexmark.com (bcc: Wesley
      Sheldahl/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] Record

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Aasmund Midttun Godal wrote:

> I am not sure I understand what you mean. However if you are wanting to store
an image in a table you have 2 options:

> 1. bytea fields.
> 2. large objects.

Third option is to encode the image (base64?) and then store as text.
It's probably slower (since you have to decode it everytime), uses much
more space, but you don't have to worry about escaping the byte
sequence.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[@]atentus.com>)
Jajaja! Solo hablaba en serio!

От: "Aasmund Midttun Godal"
Сообщение: Re: Record
От: t.ngockhoi@bpf.vnu.com
Сообщение: Réf. : Re: Installation problems