Bug #601: libpq needs a lo_truncate() or INV_TRUNC

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #601: libpq needs a lo_truncate() or INV_TRUNC
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Aaron Hillegass (aaron@bignerdranch.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
libpq needs a lo_truncate() or INV_TRUNC

Long Description
I'm using the large object interface to store documents.  Sometimes the documents are edited and get larger (take up
morememory).  This is fine,  I just lo_write out the new version of the document.  Other times,  the documents get
editedand get smaller.  This is bad because I can't find any way to make the large object smaller.

Following unix conventions,  it would be nice to have a lo_truncate() to make the large object a specific length.  Or,
aflag to lo_open() that would make the opened large object zero-length (INV_TRUNC seems like a natural name for the
flag).

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

От: Coax
Сообщение: Possible bug concerning LASTOID in 7.2
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: CURRENT_TIMESTAMP not work correctly insinde a transaction.