Re: Who's using PostgreSQL?

От Frank Joerdens
Тема Re: Who's using PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 03:40:20PM +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I will be giving a 15-day conference in Turkey on PostgreSQL. I need some
> information:
>
> Who is using PostgreSQL? I want to introduce those firms/sites in my
> presentations, and convince people to use PostgreSQL by giving those
> examples.
>
> I know some sites in Turkey. Also, got some names from
> http://www.pgsql.com/user_gallery/projects.php?sort=name
>
> I need more "famous" ones, and 2-3 lines of short information about the
> site.

We built a site for the German Max-Planck Society (Germany's largest and
most renowned science foundation) last year. It's actually a "twin"
presentation, both the sites

http://2000plus.mpg.de/index_eng.html

and

http://www.sciencetunnel.com/

are fed from the same PostgreSQL database, content-wise. They are
cross-referenced in that you can jump from a caption/topic at the more
"playful" Flash presentation to the more in-depth version at the
2000plus site. The sciencetunnel site was contracted as the Internet
version of the actual physical Sciencetunnel exhibition at the Expo 2000
in Hannover (the focus of the company I work for is exhibition design).
The 2000plus site is the Internet version of a printed book called
'Forschungsperspektiven 2000+' which maps out research perspectives for
the Max-Planck society for this decade.

We used PHP and PHPFastTemplates for the HTML presentation, and
Swift-Generator to incorporate content from the database into the Flash
presentation. Images and videos (Real Streaming Server and Quicktime)
are served from the file system, the path to the respective files is
stored in SQL tables. All text is stored in TOASTed table columns - the
solution was built on top of 7.1.

Both sites are hosted at the Gesellschaft Für Wissenschaftliche
Datenverarbeitung (GWDG) in Göttingen on a 3-Processor Sun UltraSparc on
Solaris (the Real videos come from a different server, and the disk
space is some fibre channel connected networked storage solution, I
think).

Hope it helps.

Regards, Frank

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Porting from MySql - meta data issues
От: "Ben-Nes Michael"
Сообщение: Inherit or Foreign Keys