Re: making a trigger to a system call to a shell script

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: making a trigger to a system call to a shell script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Anyway, last step was to create a trigger so that I could monitor changes to my table remotely:
>
> create trigger trigger_alertme before insert or update on mytable for
> each row execute procedure alertme('blablabla');
>
> And this will not work: it returns:
>
> ERROR:  CreateTrigger: function alertme() does not exist

That's because trigger functions take no arguments and
return opaque.  Trigger arguments are passed specially
and not through normal arguments.  You need to write the
function to meet the trigger requirements (there's more information
in the documentation on trigger functions it looks like)