Re: set constraints behavior

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: set constraints behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 3 May 2002 10:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
"Stephan Szabo" <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Neil Conway wrote:
> > My reading of this: if you specify ALL, only the constraints marked
> > as DEFERRABLE are affected. If you specify a specific constraint,
> > it is deferred, whether the constraint is marked as DEFERRABLE or
> > not.
> >
> > Current Postgres behavior is incompatible with this interpretation:
>
> I think you missed Syntax Rule 2:
> "The constraint specified by <constraint name> shall be DEFERRABLE"

Ah, okay. Yeah, I missed that part. Stupid standards, they're
practically unreadable :-)

(My other question, regarding transaction and SET CONSTRAINTS,
is still valid)

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: a vulnerability in PostgreSQL
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: set constraints behavior