Re: can Function return a row ???

От Tahira Aslam
Тема Re: can Function return a row ???
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks Joe for your timly help..but still i have a little confusion.I read postgresql 7.2 Documentation for PL/pgsql (chapter 23)...its about "Cursors" but it says something like this also

"A more interesting possibility is that a function can return a reference to a cursor it has set up,allowing the caller to read the rows. This provides one way of returning a rowset from a function"

plz I need further guidance in this regard..

Thanks

Tahira Aslam

  Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

Tahira Aslam wrote:
> Dear postgresql Developers ..I need your help regarding postgresql
> funtion return type.I need to build a stored procedure like this
>
> "Select First_Name,Last_Name,Designation,Department,Telephone_No,Fax_No
> From "Document""
>
> But I can't get this whole row ...i can only extract single column like this
>
> SELECT "First_Name"(STP_SelectAllFromdocument());
>
> I am using postgresql 7.2 alongwith pgaccess.plz let me know how can i
> return a rowset from a function.

Sorry, but returning a composite (row) type does not work in 7.2.x or
before. It is being worked on now, and should be available in 7.3 when
it's released.

Joe

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: can Function return a row ???
От: Daniel Lucazeau
Сообщение: Database encoding