Re: Trigger performance

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Trigger performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Dimov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I will to find any info about the trigger performance in postgresql.
>
> I testet a little example and wrote a trigger in plpgsql, but it is very slow.
>
> Will be better to write triggers in "C"?
>

> any info will be great.

    You're  absolutely  right,  any  info will be great. With the
    info you gave us above, it's  impossible  to  tell  why  it's
    slow. Would you mind to tell us a few more details?

    Structures  of  tables  involved,  number  of  rows  in them,
    indexes on them, the trigger code ...

Jan

От: Uros Gruber
Сообщение: don't know how to get SELECT
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: can Function return a row ???