Re: transitioning postgres oid

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: transitioning postgres oid
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:15:45AM -0500, Robert Abbate wrote:
> Actually, if I was able to get the old database up, I wouldn't needed to
> re-install postgres again. That is my problem. I could not get the old
> databases up and running at all. I had to do a fresh installation. So now
> the old databases are just sitting there. Any ideas?

If you are only upgrading minor versions (say 7.2 to 7.2.1) then you can
just replace the binaries and you're set. If you're doing a major upgrade
then a pg_dump is the only way.

Just confirm you still have a pg_database file, a pg_xlog directory and a
global directory.

I beleive postgres -D /path/to/db will work.

HTH,

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: postmaster core dumps with SPI_repalloc
От: Martín Marqués
Сообщение: Re: restoreing dumps fail