Re: Configure problems with readline Mandrake 8.2 and postgres 7.2.1

От Keehan Mallon
Тема Re: Configure problems with readline Mandrake 8.2 and postgres 7.2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Keehan Mallon <keehan_mallon@yahoo.com> writes:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/2.96/../../../libreadline.so:
> > > undefined reference to `tgetnum'
> >
> > looks like -ltermcap is needed on your platform; but configure
> knows
> > enough to try that.
>
> It is. ISTM configure does detect readline, but fails to notice that
> it also needs termcap to properly compile if it's devel package is
> not
> installed. Maybe the test is not hard enough.
>
> Try installing termcap-devel, or whatever is called, then configure
> again.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[@]dcc.uchile.cl>)
> "El miedo atento y previsor es la madre de la seguridad" (E. Burke)

Alvaro,

You were totally correct.  After installing what Mandrake calls
libtermcap-devel rpm then I was fine.  I guess this is what I get for
not installing > 1 Gb of devel rpms by doing a vanilla install of
Mandrake.  So, looks like my install is working fine now.  Thanks for
all the help.

Keehan

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

От: Mitch Vincent
Сообщение: Big database problems
От: Evgeniy Strokin
Сообщение: Re: XML from postgreSQL tables