Re: simple yet complex join

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: simple yet complex join
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think what you are looking for is a "pivot table"?
This is not easy using SQL, but workarounds have been
discussed several times in the past.  I suggest you
search the archives for "pivot table", and you will
find plenty of references.

--- Vincent Stoessel <vincent@xaymaca.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I've been reading the archives, the manual and  my
> sql books.
> lack of sleep is making what seems easy very hard to
> figure out
> right now.
>
> what kind of join do I have to do in order to
> combine 3 tables of
> similiar information. For example 3 months' worth of
> payments from
> customers:
>

> jan_pay
>

> tom 25
> ron 30
> jim 0
>

> feb_pay
>
> tom 25
> ron 20
> jim 10
>

> march_pay
>
> tom 25
> ron 30
> jim 5
> pat 40
>

> I want a result that looks like this :
>

> tom 25 25 25
> ron 30 20 30
> jim  0 10  5
> pat  0  0 40
>

> I've tried so many kinds of strage joins that I am
> ashamed to post them
> here. Can someone please light the candle?
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Vincent Stoessel
> Linux Systems Developer
> vincent xaymaca.com

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

От: "Dave"
Сообщение: pgsql database group ownership for client databases
От: Francisco Reyes
Сообщение: Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL web speed