Re: restoring DB

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: restoring DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 10:50:27AM -0300, Cleiton Peres Reis wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2002 19:07:31 +1000
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:44:01AM -0300, Cleiton Peres Reis wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I would like to know, if I've the Database directory only :
> > >
> > > /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/example-db
> > >             ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >
> > > I can restore this Database later ?
> > >
> > > Note. I don't have the dump of this database.
> >
> > The answer is maybe. you'll be able to extract some data, but there is
> > no guarentee it will reflect the state of the database at any stage.
>

>    And How I can do this ? How can I try to get some data ?
> simple copying the directory and start postgres ? (I tryed this and don't work :(

Get a new postgres install. createdb example-db. shutdown the postmaster.
copy the files into that directory. run that reset_xlog program. start
postmaster. pray.

all totally untested, but that's the theory at least.

HTH,

От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: who uses the geometric operators and functions ?
От: molinet
Сообщение: Which are the additional functionalities of POSTGIS compared to postgreSQL?