Re: PostGres Doubt

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostGres Doubt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Oh, OK.  Forget what I said earlier about you writing your own database. :-)

> I actually spent a great deal of effort trying to write some tools using
> the PostgreSQL version of ECPG, and found fatal flaws that threw away a
> couple weeks of work.  I think that is why my responses were so
> overwhelmingly negative.

I assume this is because you wrote your code assuming a feature was in
ecpg, but it wasn't, right?

> Here is what I would like to see (consider a gentle suggestion):
>
> A reentrant version of ECPG that uses SQLCA and SQLDA like Oracle or Rdb
> or DB/2 or any of the professional database systems.

I see on the TODO list under ECPG:
       o Implement SQLDA       o Add SQLSTATE

Are these related to your problem?  I see SQLCA in the ecpg code
already.  Is it implemented incorrectly?  If so, I could use items to
add to the TODO list.

You are actually the first person to complain about this, as far as I
can remember.

Pennsylvania19026