login issue..

От Chris Bowlby
Тема login issue..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

 Hmmm ok I'm running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 with phppgadmin 2.4.1. I'm
attempting to configure pgadmin to allow a "user" to see all their
databases, however we use a password configuration scheme.

 the pg_hba.conf file looks like:

 host testme_database 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.255 password password_file

 However, the test account that I have specified in the password file is
not "acknowledged" by postgreSQL unless I also have the user as being
create in the system tables. I am cross posting this one to both lists
because I know part of the problem is "pgsql" related and the other half
(getting to it) is phppgadmin related (I think)..

 The other problem is, that when I can access the database from the
console, I can not access it via the phppgadmin interface unless I put the
username and password in the config file, regardless of if I'm using
adv_auth or not...

 anyone run into something similar and figure out a solution for it?

 Chris Bowlby,
 Manager of Information and Technology.
 excalibur@hub.org
 www.hub.org
 1-902-542-3657

От: Manfred Koizar
Сообщение: Re: Yet another "Why won't PostgreSQL use my index?"
От: "philip johnson"
Сообщение: Re: database size