Re: pg_dump and ALTER TABLE / ADD FOREIGN KEY

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: pg_dump and ALTER TABLE / ADD FOREIGN KEY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> However, others don't believe constraints other than foreign keys
> should go unchecked.
>
> That said, is this functionality wanted outside of pg_dump /
> pg_restore?

pg_dump should reload a database as it was stored in the previous database.
If  your old data is not clean, pg_dump / restore is not a very good tool for
cleaning it up.  I think ignoring contrains is a good thing if it will load
the data faster (at least when you are doing a database backup / restore).
Why can't we do all alter table commands (that add constraints) after we load
the data, that way we don't need to alter syntax at all.

От: "J. R. Nield"
Сообщение: Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE