Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > When we've crushed MS SQL, then it's time to take on Oracle and DB2.
>
> I think Oracle is our main competitor.  We seem to get more people
> porting from Oracle than any other database, and our feature set matches
> there's most closely.

But if we had a native windows port, I think we would here of a lot more MS
SQL Server converts.

Also, I think that expending effort on a windows port will be a net win as it
it will generate a new userbase and with it more developers.  Good or bad,
windows has a large marketshare.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution