Re: database access via c++ program...

От jtv
Тема Re: database access via c++ program...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 12:22:54PM +0900, Emilio Uy III wrote:

> I am just wondering, because I have installed PostgreSQL on my Cygwin
> (Windows NT) and this is my first time to attempt a dive into the database
> realm. I am not sure of this, but there should be a way to access a database
> through say, a C++ program.  Right now my Cygwin-PostgreSQL database is
> working fine, I was able to create databases and tables, view them, modify
> the contents, etc.  But what I really want to do right now is to create a
> simple program that would successfully connect to my PostgreSQL databases (i
> have to specify the database i assume).  Just a 5-liner maybe, just to test
> the connection.
If you're using gcc or a similarly good compiler (Visual C++ will NOT work),
try libpqxx:
http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/proj-libpqxx.html

I don't know how well it installs under Cygwin, but a simple test program
using libpqxx as its C++ interface to PostgreSQL can be something like:

#include <iostream>
#include <pqxx/connection.h>#include <pqxx/transaction.h>#include <pqxx/result.h>
using namespace std;using namespace pqxx;
int main(){    try    {        Connection C("dbname=mydatabase");        Transaction T(C, "T");        Result R =
T.Exec("SELECT* FROM pg_tables");

        for (Result::const_iterator c = R.begin();            c != R.end();            ++c)        {            cout <<
c[0].c_str()<< endl;        }

        T.Commit();    }    catch (const exception &e)    {        cerr << e.what() << endl;        return 1;    }
    return 0;}

HTH,

Jeroen

От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Postgres idea list
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution