Re:

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
jack wrote:
> Hi,
> Regarding temp tables in the same connection session. If there is SQL
> procedure creating temp tables, process temp tables and drop all the temp
> tables finally. This SQL procedure can't run twice in the same session.
> Because all the temp tables are referred to the first physical temp tables.
> I posted this question couple months ago and the final reply is that in the
> future version, all the sql procedures, which use temp tables, will be
> forced to re-compile though it's been used in the session.
>
> Now, my question is, if it has been done, do I still need to drop all the
> temp tables before I re-run the same SQL procedure in the same session?

Actually, we recomment using EXECUTE for any temp table access from
pl/pgsql stored procedures.  We even have an FAQ item now:
   <H4><A name="4.26">4.26</A>) Why can't I reliably create/drop   temporary tables in PL/PgSQL functions?</H4>
PL/PgSQLcaches function contents, and an unfortunate side effect   is that if a PL/PgSQL function accesses a temporary
table,and that   table is later dropped and recreated, and the function called   again, the function will fail because
thecached function contents   still point to the old temporary table. The solution is to use   <SMALL>EXECUTE</SMALL>
fortemporary table access in PL/PgSQL. This   will cause the query to be reparsed every time.

Pennsylvania19026