Re: PLPGSQL language documentation

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PLPGSQL language documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Sandy,

> I was wondering if anyone knew of good online documentation on PlPgsql?

Read two things:

1. the online docs for PostgreSQL 7.2 under "Programmer's guide: Procedural
Languages"

2. Roberto' Mello's enhanced documentation, accessable through
techdocs.postgresql.org.  Roberto also has a PLpgSQL function library that
should give you some good examples.  However, this is entirely for Postgres
7.0 and 7.1, so there are some syntax changes in the current versions --
mostly workarounds that are no longer necessary.

Also, I found the first 4 chapters of O'reilly's book on PL/SQL programming to
be invaluable in helping me develop an organized approach toward manageing a
database using functions.  However, the rest of the book is Oracle stuff not
supported by Postgres, so you decide if it's worth the $50.

--
-Josh Berkus

______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology     josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293  for law firms, small
businesses     fax 621-2533   and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tod McQuillin
Сообщение: Re: is there a way to get hh:mm:ss given seconds
От: Bradley Kieser
Сообщение: Re: PLPGSQL language documentation