Re: how to inherits the references...

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: how to inherits the references...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, [iso-8859-1] frederik nietzsche wrote:

> ok, thanks for the (double: two mails ;) ) help, but
> in this way when I insert a record in a child table,
> the key must be already present in the "sigles" table,
> otherwise it breaks the reference and doesn't insert
> anything.
> In order to use this solution I must create a set of
> function that when I want to insert something in a
> child tables it automatically insert BEFORE, the sigle
> in the "sigles" table and THEN insert the values in
> the child table.

A before trigger to insert into the key table would
probably work.  Another advantage to this sort of thing
is that you could probably actually guarantee uniqueness
of your key across the entire inheritance hierarchy
which you can't otherwise.

> If this is the only way, I'm going to use it, but I'm
> not really satisfied by it...

Inheritance is only marginally useful right now.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: rules / triggers on insert. why after?
От: Jean-Luc Lachance
Сообщение: Re: SQL problem with aggregate functions.