Re: How do I concatenate row-wise instead of column-wise?

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah.
Тема Re: How do I concatenate row-wise instead of column-wise?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Marcus,

It is simple ,

you need to write a function  and define an aggregate using that function.

in case you have already searched for
the solution and not found here  it is from this mailing list only:

Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:13:09 +0200
From: Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc>
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] aggregate...
Sender: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org

Hi

I have this :

CREATE FUNCTION "comma_cat" (text,text) RETURNS text AS '
SELECT CASE WHEN $2 IS NULL OR $2 = '''' THEN $1           WHEN $1 IS NULL OR $1 = '''' THEN $2           ELSE $1 ||
'','' || $2      END
' LANGUAGE 'sql';

CREATE AGGREGATE list ( BASETYPE = text, SFUNC = comma_cat, STYPE = text,
INITCOND = '' );

I can use it as :
select user, list(email) from user join email using (id_user);

user   | list
-------+-----------------------------
mat    | mat@mat.cc, mat@absolight.fr
isa    | isa@mat.cc

regds

--
Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah."
Сообщение: Cascading deletions does not seem to work inside PL/PGSQL functions.
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Indexing UNIONs