Re: unable to reconnect to database server

От Jules Alberts
Тема Re: unable to reconnect to database server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 28 Aug 2002 at 7:10, Merlita Maricuelo wrote:
> I checked and I got this info:
> root 6886 0.0 0.4 1760 600pts/0 22:33 0:00 grep
> postmaster.

if that's all you get postmaster is not running. Try (as root) running
/etc/init.d/postgresql restart, this should stop pg (and will probably
fail) en start it again (should work).

I read you're running a rh7.3. Did you do any patching lately? I have a
rh7.3 too, always keep current with the latest RPMs. I noticed this
morning when booting my box (it isn't a server, just a test system)
that pg wasn't running. Maybe one of the RPM upgrades has changed
something so that pg will not boot up? I checked the processes with
setup et voila: pg was unchecked. Checking it again should solve it.

Has anybody else noticed this?

--
Jules Alberts.

От: dima
Сообщение: Re: unable to reconnect to database server
От: nikolaus@dilger.cc
Сообщение: Re: Performance Problems