Re: hardware question

От Andreas Schmitz
Тема Re: hardware question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello *,

thanks a lot for the quick responses. It looks like I have to answer a few
questions.

- I am talking about P4 Xeon
- Getting away from SUN is the attemp to reduce costs. I think I don't have to
mention the amount of money that has to be spent on service contracts (even
with older machines).

I don't really like to change from multi CPU SUNs to Intel boxes. My Problem
is that I don't know much about the behavior of Intel Xeons and I fear to run
into a performance bottleneck even with databases >5Gb. I've one P4 Dual Xeon
box running with oracle 9i. The system shows 4 CPUs that seems to be typical
for Xeon. Will postgres use this a a 4 CPU machine ? Is there any HT support
?

regards

-andreas

--
Andreas Schmitz - Phone +49 201 8501 318
Cityweb-Technik-Service-Gesellschaft mbH

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: compiling version 7.2.2 on AIX 4.3.1 can't find F_OIDEQ
От: "Kostis Mentzelos"
Сообщение: exclude a table from pg_dump