Re: Comparitive UPDATE speed

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Comparitive UPDATE speed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom,

> I am suspicious that this table has a huge number of empty pages in it,
> mostly at the beginning.  If so, a VACUUM FULL would help.  (Try
> "vacuum full verbose elbs_matter_links" and see if it indicates it's
> reclaiming any large number of pages.)

Thank you.  Aha.

That appears to have been the main problem; apparently, at some time during my
tinkering, I dumped most of the rows from elbs_matter_links a couple of
times. Ooops.

I'll post the new situation when I test the update queries tonight.

--
Josh Berkus
josh@agliodbs.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Comparitive UPDATE speed
От: "Shridhar Daithankar"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Large databases, performance