Re: DECLARE CURSOR

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: DECLARE CURSOR
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, snpe wrote:

> Hello,
>   When I call DECLARE CURSOR out of transaction command success,
> but cursor is not created
>   Reference manual say that this get error :
> ERROR: DECLARE CURSOR may only be used in begin/end transaction blocks
>   I don't find this text in pgsql source code
> What is problem ?

I get that error text in 7.3b2.  Don't have an earlier version available
right at the moment to test.

It may very well be making the cursor, but IIRC the cursor would have gone
away at the end of the implicit transaction wrapping the statement.

От: snpe
Сообщение: DECLARE CURSOR
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Doing sth. like oracles "connect by"