Re: Cross-database references

От Jason Turner
Тема Re: Cross-database references
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:30:06PM -0200, Pedro Igor Craveiro e Silva wrote:
> AIP - Assessoria Informática e Proteção LTDASomeone knows how is going the implementation of cross database
referencesin pgsql ?

> Would have some future release with this great functionality ?

This is usually left up to the front-end.  Usually for me, perl DBI.  This way, I
can connect to multiple databases, possibly all of different types (PgSQL, Oracle,
Informix, ...).

I'm sure the SQL gurus can corret me, but I was under the impression that
cross-database references in the backend would be capital-D Difficult to
implement with transaction support.   Then there's the further tearing asunder
of the ANSI SQL standard...

Jason
--
Indigo Industrial Controls Ltd.
64-21-343-545

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Jeff Eckermann
Сообщение: Re: converting microsoft sql server 2000 sql-code for postgresql 7.2.1
От: "David Durst"
Сообщение: LONG - Question on dealing w/ numerics