Re: Format in psql

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Format in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Monday 03 February 2003 11:54, Bhuvan A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using pgsql-7.2.3. Can i able to format the output of a SELECT sql in
> psql as perl format?
>
> Something like,
> +--------------+--------------------------------------------------------+
> | work_desc_id |                       short_desc                       |
> +--------------+--------------------------------------------------------+
> |            1 | Short description line 1                               |
> |
> |              | Short description line 2                               |
> |              | Short description line 3                               |
> |              | Short description line n                               |

'fraid I don't understand what you mean by "perl" format.

You can get format in the style above by executing
\pset border 2
in psql.

(SQL*Plus fans should issue \pset border 0and recompile psql without readline support to simulatean Oracle environment
;-)

Place this setting in your .psqlrc file to make it permanent.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net