Re: Location of the configuration files, round 2

От J. M. Brenner
Тема Re: Location of the configuration files, round 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mlw <pgsql@mohawksoft.com> wrote:

> I am an old fashion UNIX guy, capability without enforcing policy!
> Adding an ability is different than enforcing a policy.

You can push this too far, though.  Every capability that
you add still complicates testing and documentation, even if
very difficult to code.  And ultimately you're going to want
it to default or auto-configure in a reasonable way, so most
people aren't even going to look at the additional
capabilities.

> All I any to do is add the capability of configuration in
> a way that most admins would be used to.

Which is an important issue of course.  So you need some
discussion to establish what the common practices are.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: location of the configuration files
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: client_encoding directive is ignored in