Re: " Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table .... " problem.

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: " Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table .... " problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
--- Tomasz Myrta <jasiek@klaster.net> wrote:
> Christoph Haller wrote:
> <cut>
> > is not valid SQL syntax. What will actually happen
> (this is a PostgreSQL
> > extension to the standard) is that an implicit
> table
> > reference is added to the FROM clause, so the
> query is processed as if
> > it were written as
> I think this extension should be removed. I found
> all "Adding missing
> FROM..." were just results of mistake. Does anyone
> use this feature?
> What does other Postgres users think about it?

I want to add my vote for keeping the existing
functionality.  I find it _very_ useful, especially
for interactive work.  The spare syntax that can be
used for update or delete statements greatly enhances
understandability (and therefore reduces likelihood of
error) in my experience.  Saves typing too :-)

I would not wish to reduce the functionality of
PostgreSQL just to save people from themselves.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: " Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table .... " problem.
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: " Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table .... " problem.