Re: [INTERFACES] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> The standard only covers embedded C programs.  Other interfaces that are
> >> covered by other standards require other settings.
>
> > My point was that _the_ standard requires autocommit off, not that
> > everyone is using autocommit off.
>
> Peter's point is good: the only interface that is actually subject to the
> part of the spec you are quoting is ecpg.  It could reasonably be argued
> that libpq should only support autocommit-on, because that's the
> historical behavior that programs written atop libpq expect.  The other
> client libraries have their own specs to adhere to.

But isn't that like saying that the spec doesn't apply to libpq at all.
Why would autocommit not apply but other queries specification apply?

Pennsylvania19073

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign