Re: problem with add

От Chris Gamache
Тема Re: problem with add
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
You're leaving out several important details:

PostgreSQL version
PgSQL-ODBC version
Client environment

... having said that ...

Primary keys are implicitly "unique".

To keep from getting an error on insert, "CREATE INDEX tbl1_idx ON tbl1 (a,b);"
instead of making (a,b) a primary key... However, this will allow duplicate
values in thost columns.

If you NEED the values in those columns to be unique, then you will have to
trap the error. Assuming you're using something like vbscript, use :

on error resume next
...do query here...
on error goto 0
if err.number <> 0 then
...it must have failed...
end if

Delphi use: try...except...end;

etc...

CG

http://platinum.yahoo.com

От: Jeff Silberberg
Сообщение: Re: problem after upgrade ---
От: "Thomas M. Parris"
Сообщение: just "read only" tables in MS-Access via ODBC