ordering problems ...

От David Goodwin
Тема ordering problems ...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello everyone,

I have two tables :

question_response and question_response_answer.

There is a one to many relationship between the question_response and a
question_response_answer (schema below at the bottom).

When I execute :

select answer from question_response_answer qra, question_response qr
WHERE qr.response_id = qra.response_id AND qr.personal_id =
'XXYYTEST2' AND qr.module_code = 'TEST990' AND qr.assessment_id = 109
AND qr.question_id = 125 ;

I get :
answer
---------Foo BarFredNoYes

When I execute :
select * from question_response_answer;

I get :

response_id |   answer
-------------+------------        148 | Yes        148 | No        148 | Fred        148 | Foo Bar

I'd like to know why the ordering has changed, and is there anything I can do make it the same as it is on the "select
*from question_response_answer" "version" ?

Running Postgres 7.3.2 on Linux.

Schema :   Column     |         Type         |                       Modifiers
---------------+----------------------+--------------------------------------------------------response_id   | integer
           | not null default

nextval('question_reponse_seq'::text)question_id   | integer              |personal_id   | character varying(9)
|assessment_id| integer              |module_code   | character varying(9) |

Indexes: question_response_pkey primary key btree (response_id),        question_response_question_id_key unique btree
(question_id,
personal_id, assessment_id)

(there are foreign keys, but I've left them off)

tweektest=> \d question_response_answer;
Table "public.question_response_answer"  Column    |  Type   | Modifiers
-------------+---------+-----------response_id | integer | not nullanswer      | text    | not null
Indexes: question_response_answer_pkey primary key btree (response_id,
answer)
Foreign Key constraints: $1 FOREIGN KEY (response_id) REFERENCES
question_response(response_id) ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE CASCADE

Thanks in advance,
David.

--
David Goodwin

[ dof at codepoets dot co dot uk   ]
[ http://www.codepoets.co.uk       ]

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "jasiek"
Сообщение: Re: atomatic insert date and time
От: David Goodwin
Сообщение: Re: ordering problems ...