Re: getting rid of "Adding missing FROM-clause entry...."

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: getting rid of "Adding missing FROM-clause entry...."
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thursday 17 Apr 2003 6:50 pm, Christoph Haller wrote:
> > Actually i have to update multiple columns my original
> > query was:
> >
> > UPDATE  profile_master    SET
> >
> >  title1=a.title1 , fname1=a.fname1 , mname1=a.mname1 ,
> >  lname1=a.lname1 , desg1 = a.desg1 FROM
> >
> > (
> >    SELECT company_id , titile as title1 ,fname as fname1 ,mname as
>
> mname1 ,
>
> >    lname as lname1 ,company_position as desg1  from
>
> public.catalog_key_contacts as b
>
> >    where  b.company_id=profile_master.company_id order by contact_id
>
> limit 1 offset 0)
>
> > as a WHERE
> >
> > profile_master.source='CATALOG' ;
> >
> > > Hi I am having problem with an UPDATE ... FROM
> > > SQL where the FROM table is a subquery.
> > >
> > > UPDATE  profile_master set title1=a.title1  FROM
> > > (
> > >
> > > SELECT company_id , titile as title1 ,fname as fname1 ,mname as
>
> mname1
>
> > > ,lname as lname1 ,company_position as desg1  from
> > > public.catalog_key_contacts  where
>
> company_id=profile_master.company_id
>
> > > order by contact_id limit 1 offset 0 )  as a
> > > where profile_master.source='CATALOG' ;
> > > NOTICE:  Adding missing FROM-clause entry in subquery for table
> > > "profile_master" UPDATE 711
> > >
> > > its showing an update of 711 however all the 711 matching rows are
>
> getting
>
> > > updated to the same value.
> > >
> > > can anyone tell me how to write this query properly ?
>
> I think you need a second reference to the profile_master table.
> And why are you using "limit 1 offset 0"?

becuase the subquery results in mutiple rowss.
I want the first row to update title1,fname1,mname1,lname1,degs1

and use the second row by using "limit 1 offset 1" to
update title2,fname2,mname2,lname2,degs2 etc

do u still want me to try the query u gave?
(actually i did try and its giving some trivial error)

regds
mallah.

> So I'd say
>
> UPDATE  profile_master    SET
>
>  title1=a.title1 , fname1=a.fname1 , mname1=a.mname1 ,
>  lname1=a.lname1 , desg1 = a.desg1 FROM
>
> (
>    SELECT company_id , title as title1 ,fname as fname1 ,mname as mname1
> ,
>    lname as lname1 ,company_position as desg1
>    from public.catalog_key_contacts as b ,profile_master as c
>    where  b.company_id=c.company_id order by contact_id )
>
> as a WHERE
>
> source='CATALOG' ;
>
> Does this work?
> Regards, Christoph

Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)
Infocom Network Limited, New Delhi
phone: +91(11)6152172 (221) (L) ,9811255597 (M)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Christoph Haller
Сообщение: Re: getting rid of "Adding missing FROM-clause entry...."
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: planner question..