Re: sorting chinese characters

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: sorting chinese characters
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Thanks for your reply, Let me explain a bit more about my problem. I have a
> member master table where in i have member_name_hiragana, member_name_chinese
> [member_name_hiragana has member names in hiragana chars and
> member_name_chinese has member names in chinese chars].
> when i execute the query "select * from member_master orderby
> member_name_hiragana" then the sort it a proper sort order. But when i
> execute "select * from member_master orderby member_name_chinese" then it
> does not sort properly. I am not sure about the sort order, but my clients
> say that that is not a proper sort. How can i fix this?

There are many possible reasons why your customers are not satisfied
(it's even possible that they do not understand what "chinese"
are. Do they understand Japanese?) Anyway, can you plesae provide more
detailed info:

The OS PostgreSQL running on
PostgreSQL version
configure option
initdb option
database encoding
"chinese characters" not sorted in proper order (hex dump is preferred)
--
Tatsuo Ishii

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Dennis Gearon
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] rewriting values with before trigger
От: Marco Bubke
Сообщение: Second maximum value