Re: Feature suggestions (long)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Feature suggestions (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 12:05:23PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > I'm going suggest a feature like what Oracle calls "partitions" and later on
> > something with indexes. The idea is to generate some discussion to see if
> > they are worthy of being added to the TODO list.
>
> Why bother?

Maybe one can put different partitions in different tablespaces?

Essentially, you're proposing Kevlar shoes as a solution for the problem
that you want to walk around carrying a loaded gun aimed at your foot.
(Tom Lane)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Feature suggestions (long)
От: Matthew Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: Feature suggestions (long)