Re: Why does adding SUM and GROUP BY destroy performance?

От David Link
Тема Re: Why does adding SUM and GROUP BY destroy performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Ron, Thanks Christopher for your excellent feedback.

I guess it's back to the drawing board.  This is a very late hour
business requirement change.  And we need quick real-time results.

Two things are being considered:

cgi, currently, but looking at the possiblity of doing this in the
database with either PL/perl or PL/plsql, though I don't know what
would be gained by doing it that way).  And handling the summing and
then the sort ourselves in the program, -- or --

   2. preprocessing a lot of the data at pre-determined times.
Essentially doubling the size of our database.

I'd be open to any other suggestions.

Thanks again. very much.
-David

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com