Re: pg73jdbc3.jar and Connection Pool properties

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: pg73jdbc3.jar and Connection Pool properties
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 06/10/2003 08:51 Moreno Mauri wrote:
> Hi all,
> I 'm working on a server linux with installed postgresql version 7.2.1.
> For my Java code I used (till now) pgjdbc2.jar: everything was ok.
>
> Now I need to use Connection Pool and so I downloaded
> pg73jdbc3.jar (pgjdbc2.jar doesn't contain Connection Pool
> classes).

The Connection pool should be provided by the application container.

> Can I use pg73jdbc3.jar for postgresql 7.2.1 without any problem ?
> (I did a little test and it seems to be ok)

It will work fine.

> ------------------
>
> Another question.
> Connection Pooling is required by Sun One Application Server
> (I'm facing with an EJB based application).
> I didn't find clear examples about Connection Pool's properties that I
> have
> to indicate to the Application Server.
> I tried with:
>
> Datasource Classname: org.postgresql.jdbc3.PoolingDataSource
> serverName:                 localhost
> user:                            <my user>
> password:                   <my password>
> database Name:          <my db name>
>
> but it doesn't work :-(
>
> Can anybody help me ?

There's no such class or interface as
org.postgresql.jdbc3.PoolingDataSource. Have you tried
org.postgresql.Driver?
--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

От: Moreno Mauri
Сообщение: pg73jdbc3.jar and Connection Pool properties
От: Moreno Mauri
Сообщение: Re: pg73jdbc3.jar and Connection Pool properties