Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!
Дата
Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:36:56AM -0400, Jeff wrote:

> So here's the results using my load tester (single connection per beater,
> repeats the query 1000 times with different input each time (we'll get
> ~20k rows back), the query is a common query around here.

My worry about this test is that it gives us precious little
knowledge about concurrent connection slowness, which is where I find
the most significant problems.  When we tried a Sunsoft cc vs gcc 2.95
on Sol 7 about 1 1/2 years ago, we found more or less no difference
once we added more than 5 connections (and we always have more than 5
connections).  It might be worth trying again, though, since we moved
to Sol 8.

Thanks for the result.

--
----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

От: Shridhar Daithankar
Сообщение: Re: planner doesn't use multicolumn index
От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!