Re: slow select

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: slow select
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Medora,

> I'm using pg 7.3.4 to do a select involving a join on 2 tables.
> The query is taking 15 secs which seems extreme to me considering
> the indices that exist on the two tables.  EXPLAIN ANALYZE shows
> that the indices aren't being used.  I've done VACUUM ANALYZE on the
> db with no change in results.  Shouldn't the indices be used?

No.  You're selecting 100,000 records.   For such a large record dump, a seq
scan is usually faster.

If you don't believe me, try setting enable_seqscan=false and see how long the
query takes.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

От: Rhaoni Chiu Pereira
Сообщение: Re: Low Insert/Update Performance
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Low Insert/Update Performance