Re: Expressional Indexes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Expressional Indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom,
>
> > Mainly that "expressional" is a made-up word.
>
> So?   We're in the tech biz, Tom.   New-coined words are expected.  And that
> way nobody will expect it to mean something else, since we made it up.
> -- H. Dumpty, Q.E.D.
>
> > I have been considering using "calculated index" or "computed index"
> > but dunno if that really conveys anything.
>
> Well, "Expression Indexes" is the most accurate.  Or "Expression-Based

Computed index sound too much like there is computation done during the
index lookup, which there isn't, and it sounds like it would behave
differently from a normal index, which it doesn't.

Pennsylvania19073

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Query planner: current_* vs. explicit date
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Expressional Indexes