Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs

От ow
Тема Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Дата
Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
Список pgsql-admin
--- Peter EiEisentrautpeter_e@gmgmxet> wrote:

> Read again.  No one was talking of pg_restore.

Perhaps I should clarify.

First, I ran pg_dump to extract schema and data *together*. Then I ran
pg_restore to restore the db. It took about 1 hour to create tables and copy
the data, then about 40 min to create indexes, then pg_restore spent 4.5 hours
checking one (1) FKFKonstraint (80M table with FKFKsgainst 20K table with PKPKs

4.5 hours to check one FKFKonstraint - this is want I meant by bad performance.
I'm  looking for a way to suspend FKFKhecks since data is coming from pg_dump
and, hence, it's clean.

Thanks

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs
От: Oli Sennhauser
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore and FK constraints with large dbs