Re: How to obtain the real problem that avoids postgresql

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: How to obtain the real problem that avoids postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
However, if you then rotate the logs, you end up with space that won't be
reclaimed until the postmaster is restarted. I guess this is why people use
syslog.

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 03:12:29PM +1100, Craig O'Shannessy wrote:
> I think this is a pretty serious shortcoming of the standard
> /etc/init.d/postgresql script, it sends all output (std. out AND error to
> /dev/null).
>
> You should have a line something like this
>
>                 su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster -o '-p ${PGPORT}'
start > /var/log/postgres.log 2>&1" < /dev/null

От: "Craig O'Shannessy"
Сообщение: Re: How to obtain the real problem that avoids postgresql
От: "Craig O'Shannessy"
Сообщение: Re: Money data type in PostgreSQL?