Re: psql \i handling ~ in specified file name

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: psql \i handling ~ in specified file name
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >>I is not just msdos, it is cmd.exe which exists on (to my knowledge) all
> >>versions of windows. For example:
> >>Program Files == progra~1
> >>

> >Yes, I meant it is a hold-over from dealing with MS-DOS style 8.3 file
> >names.
> >

> This pattern should not cause tilde expansion on any platform, I
> believe.  Only a *leading* ~/ or ~username/ should be expanded.
>
> The normal "home" directory on a (modern) Windows machine is usually
> "C:\Documents and Settings\username", IIRC.

Yes, I understand, but on an OS that uses tilde so much inside the file
name, do we want special meaning when it is leading the file name?

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Patch of intarray module in v7.4.1