Re: Requirements for updated site

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Requirements for updated site
Дата
Список pgsql-www

Hey, I never said I was *that* bad ... but you are right, I'm close :)

> But seriously, is everybody on this list a webdesigner? I know I am not
> a professional one, I just dabble and try to be very pedantic about
> designs which place user interaction on the first place. If you can then
> make things aesthetically nice it is a very good thing.

Agreed, but even someone that isn't a webdesigner has an opinion on
wha they do find nice, and what they don't ... and it was with the
opinions of many that the web site was designed ... I might not be able to
really explain why I don't like Alexey's first attempt, I just know that
the best I can say is that my eyes couldn't seem to focus on anywhere ...
several others have commented similarly ...

> I sincerely hope that you will do away with the menus on both side of
> the center, continuously scrolling up and down is generally disliked by
> users.

'k, not against the getting rid of the dual menus, but am curious as to
how that would reduce the need for scrolling?  Wouldn't that just mean a
longer menu on the one side to scroll through?

> What doesn't help, but IIRC that's being remedied, is that a lot of
> links which fall under postgresql.org have different designs.  This is
> highly annoying from a user perspective.

I think everyone here already agrees with that :)

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Requirements for updated site
От: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
Сообщение: Re: awstats updating daily